Are you the new User Engagement Director of Europeana?
Reporting to the Executive Director, this new leadership role of User Engagement Director will have senior accountability for the customer experience at Europeana and will lead the teams that manage the award-winning europeana.eu website. The teams include the functions of experience design, web development, editorial, social media, API engagement, and educational outreach. It is a unique role in the cultural sector, combining aspects of service design, product development, media production, marketing, business and community development. As a member of the senior management team, the User Engagement Director will play a key role in driving the development of Europeana services, as well as supporting the development of the organisation as a whole.
User Engagement team responsibilities:
● Drive the vision and strategy of Europeana’s user engagement efforts
● Ensure the Europeana website develops in line with visitor and stakeholder needs
● Significantly boost traffic to, and usage of, the Europeana website and its related social media platforms
● Develop strategic partnerships with third party organisations that increase both the traffic on our website and the reuse of Europeana data
● Drive participative experiences with people around Europe and the world
● Lead product planning and agile management activities
● Champion the outreach of APIs, education, and social media
● Champion a user and product led mentality across the organisation
● Champion end-to-end service design practices across the organisation
Director’s team responsibilities
As a member of Europeana’s Senior Management Team, we expect all Directors to actively contribute to the ongoing operations and development of the organisation, including:
● Driving process improvements that support the performance of the organisation
● Contributing to change management and organisational development activities
● Representing the organisation as a senior leader in the cultural heritage sector
● Complementing the current team in terms of competencies to support healthy and collaborative team dynamics
Knowledge and Experience:
To be successful in this role, the User Engagement Director will thrive on working in a creative and mission driven environment and have:
● Excellent team leadership capability, preferably 10+ year management experience with staff of 20+ professionals, and experience in managing remote teams
● Strategic vision and proven track record in the user engagement field
● Extensive experience in some combination of editorial, media production, online marketing, or digital customer engagement
● Extensive experience in some combination of service design, user experience design, web development, or digital product development
● Experience with product roadmapping, project management, and Agile Scrum delivery
● Strong capability to manage diverse and complex stakeholder groups
● Excellent written English language skills to native level equivalent, with excellent presentation skills
● Ability to travel regularly (when the opportunity becomes available)
Further, it is a plus if you have
● Experience with the use of analytics for data-driven decision making
● Large and relevant network, with experience in managing suppliers
● Experience in engaging with communities. For example working to engage educators in the classroom or developers with APIs.
● Broad knowledge of the worlds of libraries, galleries, museums, archives or scientific, academic publishing
Salary and benefits
● Your monthly salary will be between EUR 5,900 and 6,600 (based on full-time employment), depending on the level of your experience.
● Additionally, you will receive a (pro-rated) holiday allowance of 8% and an annual (year-end, pro-rated) bonus of 8.33%.
● 1 year fixed term contract with possibility of extension depending on funding availability.
● We offer 42.25 days holiday per year (based on full-time employment).
The Europeana Foundation is an independent, non-profit organisation that operates the Europeana platform and contributes to other digital initiatives that put cultural heritage to good use in the world. Our work helps to develop an open, knowledgeable and creative society. The Europeana Foundation employs approximately 60 staff members representing around 20 different nationalities based in our main office in The Hague.
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Stichting Europeana ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van User Engagement Director.