As a Java developer you will join our IT team working from our head quarter in Zwolle. Your job responsibilities are mainly to build, test, deploy and maintain (Java) applications in our (micro) service architecture. You will use the latest open source technologies and you are always open for new technologies and solutions to improve our stack and/or processes.
Compare Group IT team is responsible for the operation, maintenance and improvement of our IT landscape. The IT people work together in multi-disciplinary teams to fulfill our shared goals. One generic and proprietary product comparison software platform is used for all our sites. The service-oriented platform is based on open source technologies such as Java and Linux.
- You implement code in Java according functional and technical specifications in an agile environment
- Building small independent micro services having a REST API
- Your code follows our quality standards (code review is part of the job)
- Your produced code is readable, tested were needed, maintainable and documented were needed
- You are responsible for your own work; you deploy and monitor your code on our OTAP (devOps approach)
- You help to improve our processes and technology stack.
- Attention to detail;
- Innovative and learning attitude;
- Hands-on and result oriented;
- Fluent in English. Skilled in Dutch, French or Finnish is very much appreciated.
- Worked in a similar position
- 3+ years of experiences in Java and software development skills
- Know how to build service-oriented applications
A big plus for knowledge of / skilled in
- Code standards and Java 7/8
- Spring (MVC)
- Relational database (MySQL)
- NoSQL database (MongoDB)
- Messaging (RabbitMQ)
- Using Maven and Git
- Web / REST services
- Python / Scripting
- Cloud computing / AWS
- Docker / Kubernetes / Ansible
- Machine learning
- An environment where you can turn your hobby into work
- Work with the latest greatest technologies and techniques
- Strong investment in innovation and personal education and growth
- Room for fun, drive, ambitionand hard work
- Last but not least a market-conform salary and excellent secondary benefits and pension plan
Do you see yourself working with us, growing with the company or do you have any questions about the position? Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Compare Group is the holding company of several leading price and product comparison websites in four different countries. For almost 18 years we help consumers in making product and shopping decision. In total about 20 people work for the company. Our mission is not only to help consumers with their purchase but also to make them proud of their purchase!
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Vergelijk.nl ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Wil jij “hogeschool internet” bedrijven bij Vergelijk.nl?.